January 28, 2014

Orc Warriors 01

More Orcs...


Painting orcs is fun! Skin tones can be green, grey, brown, or 'flesh'. I kind of wish the shields were flat so I could carry the skull motif from the Widowmaker's shield. On the bright side, these orcs won't look out of place in an Isengard or Mordor army either (yes, my plans are already moving past Battle Company sized forces, but more on that later).

These models are the early metal GW which I think are far superior to the plastic orcs they offer now. Luckily I bought piles of these models when they were first released. I have to scavenge e-bay for more metal - I don't care for the plastic Rangers either and am in the process of hunting down enough metal Rangers for a full warband (if anyone has any metal Rangers of Faramir, Rangers of the North, or Dunedain they'd like to part with, drop me a note).

But enough about nasty Men, more orcs on the way...



1 comment:

  1. Really nice work! Love the way you've created a rusty look to the sword using pigment. Thinks it's time I got me some of that pixie dust...

    ReplyDelete