September 16, 2012

Dutch Garde te Voet (Blue Guard)

Here is my second battalion of the Garde te Voet. Although there were three battalions at the Battle of the Boyne, I think I'm only going to paint two for my collection (for now).

I now have a very concrete plan for my Williamite collection...

DUTCH
Garde te Voet (2 battalions)
Brandenburg
Nassau-Saarbrucken-Ottweiler
converged grenadiers

ENGLISH/IRISH
Hanmer
Wolseley's Horse (2 squadrons)

HUGUENOT
De la Meloniere
Caillemotte
Cambon
Schomberg's Horse (2 squadrons)

DANISH
Garden til Fods
Zealand
Jutland
Funen
Donop's Horse (1 squadron)
Juel's Horse (1 squadron)

ARTILLERY
4 battalion guns
2 field guns

This will give me most of the front line foot units at the Boyne and the most often mentioned units of horse from accounts I've read - a very respectable force of twelve battalions of foot and six squadrons of horse. Note that the number of squadrons for horse is Beneath the Lily Banner units, not historical organization. Those units listed as one squadron end up with 4-8 models (which will be 6 on the game table) when historical strengths are rendered at 1:35. Those with 9 models or more were granted two squadron status.

The Brandenburg battalion is up next. I am really hoping to have the Williamites finished by the end of the year so I can start on the army of King James II!

1 comment:

  1. Great looking troops! I'm painting up regts Brandenburg and Nassau-S-O at this very moment!

    ReplyDelete