June 8, 2012

40k Friday

Soldiers of the Emperor charge forward with support from a squadron of Scylla Light Tanks. 


I saw these conversions years ago on the GW website, but sadly the article is no longer available and I can't even give credit to the author (Edit: Marc Raley! See the comments below...). They were made by cutting down the body of a Chimera kit to make the basic chassis and I used plasti-card to fill in any remaining gaps in the hull. It was a fairly involved conversion project and the results are probably some of the coolest models in my collection!

These tanks were presented as 'counts-as' alternatives to the Sentinel walkers for armoured companies and fit my Death Korps of Krieg theme perfectly. In friendly games I use the tracked vehicle rules rather than the walker rules, but otherwise they are still Sentinels and fill a Fast Attack slot.


Next week I'll post another conversion to make a standard Imperial Guard model fit into the Death Korps theme...

3 comments:

  1. More great stuff Clarence, I especially like the monochrome pic, very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I did the origional article way back it the day. Someone was just asking me about it and I googled it. Yours look great! Glad it provided a little inspiration to someone! - Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marc! These have gone on to a new home now (along with the rest of my Death Korps), but they were great fun to build and always seemed to do well on the table! Cheers!

      Delete