December 30, 2015

Looking Back at 2015

One of the best things about having a blog is the ability to look back through what you've done. Here are a sample selection from my projects this year (I actually managed to accomplish a little of what I planned last January).

The year started strong with a pile of U.S. Airborne in January and February (though I never did get around to painting the damn Sherman I needed to finish the force - maybe  next year).





Much of the early part of the year was spent nostalgically working on my Oldhammer and Rogue Trader collections over at my new blog Stro'Knor Macekiller. Between February and May, I averaged 22 posts a month, mostly single figures, but I always presented unit shots when they were ready!







I also painted a bunch of Rogue Trader era minis and built a converted shuttle/lancer for my Rogue Trader games.






I also painted a pile of new sci-fi models this year for Beyond the Gates of Antares...




Finally I managed a few more units for my Battle of the Boyne project and started plans to attend Historicon next year...




Besides models, there were lots of articles on building terrain and a pile of photos that used to reside on my quindia.com website which I pulled down this year. I'd like to replace it, but for now the blog is an easier tool for keeping track of all my hobby stuff. I also managed to add a few flag sheets to the Warfare catalog.

I also started a new game (yeah, like I needed that) with Frostgrave. I managed to rope all of my friends in by giving them Frostgrave rule books and a box of soldiers for Christmas and everyone is busily working on their own warbands (more on that next year). I started a new set of terrain for the game, which will also be useful for Mordheim and Donnybrook.


Of course, regular visitors know I also lost my wonderful wife, Sara, in June. It was unexpected and I had some very rough days this summer. Things are better, but not great. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her and I still have some rough days, but I am trying my best. Sara always encouraged my hobbies and my work in the industry. Though I don't think life will ever be the same, painting and modeling - something I've done all my life - goes a long way to making it seem more normal.


All told I managed 312 models this year which works out to six per week! I have lots more to come and I'll take about my plans for the new year... err... in the new year! Thanks for continuing to visit and best wishes to everyone in 2016.

8 comments:

  1. One very productive year sir.
    But Condolences for you and your lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very successful year in painting terms Clarence, I'm sure Sara would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what to say that will not sound trite but I do hope that you will continue to find solace in the hobby as it was something your beloved wife enjoyed seeing you do.

    My deepest condolences for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the paintings look fantastic. Sara thought you were very talented. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the paintings look fantastic. Sara thought you were very talented. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about what kit you used for the basis of your Rogue Trader Shuttle conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star Trek Runabout... Lots of details starting here...

      http://macekiller.blogspot.com/2015/03/rogue-trader-fast-pinnace-natashas-luck.html

      Delete
  7. That's really great work Clarence.

    Best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete