December 20, 2015

Frostgrave Game Board, Part Two

I thought I'd share my progress so far. The initial steps were to painstakingly transfer my designs to the foam core that will make up the walls of the structure. The process saw me break out a freaking compass which is a tool I don't think I've used since the 90's!



The basic structure takes shape...



My cat, Napoleon, has come to help...


These stairs took longer than anything else on the board because of the angles. The scale is a little funny for steps, but I compromised realism for game play - each is broad enough to allow models to be placed without worrying they will tumble down.


So far I've got around 14 hours into this, including the sketches and initial design work. The next step is to add the floors and I'll probably be able to finish that stage tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Never mind the compasses, you don't see a parallel t-square much these days. Takes me back to technical drawing at school. Great job so far. I may have to break out the foam core myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got 'em all: compasses, t-squares, triangles, french curves. I've been an artist since before there was a CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator and for some reason I just can't bring myself to throw the stuff out. Guess it's a good thing!

      Delete
  2. This is really nice to see! Well done on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it and wish I had the space to do this myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have no idea where I'm going to put it once it's finished!

      Delete
  4. Wow - that's so,e serious construction going on.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete