February 7, 2010

1 in 24

Despite having a rare weekend off, I found myself ironically unable to get much accomplished!

 
I did manage a test figure which is my normal method of approaching a new unit and I'm very pleased with the way he turned out so it's full steam ahead! The painted model is a minor conversion (I love plastic minis). The base figure is one of the Perry skirmishers, but I removed the poor fellow's head to replace it so he's looking in the direction he's pointing rather than back at his troops as the original would be posed. The left arm is pirated from a spare Victrix sprue. I should be able to make a lot of progress this week and I'll try to post updates every night...

I also took the opportunity last night to mess around with the blog tool to come up with a layout more to my liking.

Plans are moving forward on the Historicon 2010 front. Barry and I had a very enjoyable phone call yesterday and hammered out a few more of the details. The plan is to run at least two games a day, split between Republic to Empire and Beneath the Lily Banners. To give as many people as possible the chance to join in, each player will control a brigade and we should be able to get six to eight people per game. It is my understanding that once the Historicon schedule is set you will be able to sign up for games in advance so keep an eye out if you plan to participate. I'll announce early sign ups here and more details as they unfold!

3 comments:

  1. WoW! I like the conversion and the dirt on the pants is awesome!!

    Btw, I like the new look. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice result Clarence - I note the brown jacket - is he one of the Corsican 'brothers'? I love the ease with which you can do conversions with plastics and used a number of Perry bits on some of my Victrix like the peaked forage hat head.

    Cheers,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, Clarence, and I love the conversion!

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete