March 11, 2012

Fynske (Funen)

I finished this unit several weeks ago and simply haven't had time to photograph it. This is my fourth and final (for now) unit of my Danish Brigade for my Williamite army modeled on the Boyne/Aughgim campaign.


I'd like to point out the ensign carrying the white standard is a conversion of one of the Warfare officer figures (you can see him standing on the flank of my Zealand unit with his hat in in his hand). I removed the right arm with a model saw and replaced it with an arm from a pikeman. Then I trimmed the gentleman's hair (and the top if his head along with it) to make a flat surface to add a hat, which I sculpted from green stuff. My plume turned out a little large compared to the others, but I'm still happy with the results.

The officer in the center is also a very minor conversion of an ensign - I simply removed the hand that was poised to carry the flag and sculpted a replacement hand that just rests against his coat. For those who'd rather not try sculpting, you can simply harvest a closed fist of similar hand from a spare model...

I just received another box full of shiny new Warfare stuff - up next are two battalions of the Gardes te Voet (Dutch Blue Guards - already finished 8 models), a combined unit of Grenadiers (probably in the colors of my Danish troops), and the first artillery support for the Williamites.

12 comments:

  1. Oooo, their nice. Great little conversions Clarence gives the unit more individual look. This project seems to be progressing quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    What color are the cuffs? Are they supposed to be an off-white or a greyish-blue? What paints did you use for them and for the green coats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coats were painted with the Wargames Foundry Forest Green triad (26A-C)and the facings are Wargames Foundry Arctic Grey 33A and 33B (technically white, but I never use pure white on minis unless I'm painting parade dress troops).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work Clarence!

    I've been out of the hobby for a bit of time so how many regiments is the tally now for Barry and Spence's company?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even more Danes...hard for me as a Swede...But they look very, very good !!!

    Best regards Dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice looking unit. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, guys!

    Darrell, I'm up to four battalions of Warfare minis so far - you can see all four together if you follow the '1690 Pics' link at the top of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking stuff Clarence, just as we would expect from you.

    ReplyDelete