August 23, 2015

Moving Forward

Whew...

It is premature to say I am 'back', but I do feel like it is time to move forward. I want to thank everyone for the kind comments on my blogs, the prayers, and the support. Life will never be the same, but I do find some comfort in keeping busy and I have not been idle.


I posted this Clanrickarde Regiment on the LoA blog a few weeks ago, but I thought I would place it here for the sake of continuity - I snuck it onto the 1690 page a while ago as well. It is the first of five battalions of foot I have planned for my Jacobite army.

There are some new flags over in the LoA shop for Sedgemoor 1685, with more to come for that theater...







I am working on the cover for volume one of our Ireland scenario book. This is absolutely jammed with information on the war between James II and William III with more than forty scenarios (yes, and that's volume one) for Beneath the Lily Banners and Donnybrook. It will hopefully be available this fall.

I also started a new blog (yes another one) for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. I find blogs to be a great tool simply for organizing my projects.

So, lots of projects - not sure what kind of schedule I'm going to keep, but hopefully you will see more from me soon...

7 comments:

  1. It's great to see you back Clarence. A wonderful Jacobite regiment too. It really captures the period for me.

    I've been reading your 'Victory Without Quarter' rules recently and love them. I'm wanting to adapt slightly and use them for a 1689 imagi-nations campaign that I'm provisionally entitling 'Three Kings of Albion' - meshing Monmouth, WIlliam III and James II into a single 'second' civil war campaign. BtLB would be too complex for the players though VWQ seems just perfect. I'll maybe run a few minor changes past you if you don't mind, as I love the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free - I've used VWQ with my 1690 collection as well. I'd be interested to hear your amendments...

      Delete
    2. Thank you sir. The advantage of the imagi-nations approach is also that I can interject a little sword & sorcery / witchery into the Irish campaign (my Friday group are big D&D nerds).

      I'll do some tinkering and keep in touch. Looking forward to your work on the Irish books too.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Glad to have you back. Victory Without Quarter is still the best ECW rules out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Clarrie - glad to see you working on your rules/scenarios books again too. Lovely looking Jacobites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you posting again Clarence. Keep up the great work, its really inspiring for me to see the finished articles. My lead pile seems quite insurmountable at present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking unit Clarence, love the new flags as well!

    ReplyDelete