December 12, 2012

Painting Competition 2013


It's time for another painting competition! So, now it is time to go for it again or, enter for the first time if you didn't get a chance the first time around.

The entry conditions are very simple:

1. Entry is free!
2. All figures must be Warfare minis
3. All models must be painted by yourself!
4. You can enter as many times as you like in each or all categories

The competition will run till the end of February 2013.

There are 3 categories:

1. Infantry unit of 16 or more models
2. Cavalry unit of 6 or more models
3. Artillery piece or command vignette or other vignette of 4 or more models.

There will be 1st & 2nd prizes in all categories AND there will be an overall winner 'Best of Competition'.

Prizes will be drawn from Warfare Miniatures, Wordtwister Publications and Quindia Studios flag products with details to follow.

Entries should be uploaded to the Fighting Talk Forum.

1 comment:

  1. Alas I won't be entering this competition.

    The "Why" is simple. I paint my figures in basic simple colors for the table top and not to be viewed "up close".

    I admire those who paint beautiful figures that deserve praise as you view them up close . . . but that isn't me.

    My figures look fine at "wargaming distances" (i.e., three to five feet), which is what I paint them for . . . but they aren't all that pretty at 6".

    Nevertheless this sounds like a nice competition with simple rules and I encourage those who do paint for close-up viewing to enter . . . and I wish them "good fortune" in advance.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete