November 13, 2019

Blackstone Fortress - Part Seven

Finally, something from the dim past of Rogue Trader and new menaces unique to the Blackstone Fortress!

Chaos Beastmen
Horned abhumans renowned for their ferocity and physical strength, Chaos Beastmen have fled their persecution at the hands of the Imperium and thrown in their lot with the Dark Gods.


Negavolt Cultists
Negavolt Cultists are Chaos-worshipping renegades of the Adeptus Mechanicus who fuse themselves with corrupt machinery that channels their own pain and hatred into of arcs of warp-infused energy that leaps from their electro goads.


Whew! It's with a great sense of accomplishment that I've finished the entire core box set. I'm not sure that I've EVER done this despite having painted several thousand GW models over the years!

So, what's next? Expansions, of course! To date I've purchased everything GW has made for this game and still plenty to paint for both the explorers and hostiles. I also have a really nifty set of 3D terrain tiles on the way to replace the card tiles from the box...


These were designed by The Dragon's Rest. As I have yet to spring for a 3D printer (it's on the list, but I keep buying models instead), I ordered my set from OTP Terrain.

Thanks for following along! I'll post more on this project as I get on. Once I get the terrain painted, there may even be some proper game reports...

2 comments:

  1. Wow that terrain looks ace (and expensive ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get it and throw some paint on it! One of the features it has that I love (in addition to how cool it looks) is the ability to magnetize the tiles so they will 'snap' together. One of the things I've always hated about card terrain tiles is that any errant move can send the whole complex askew. I'll definitely post more on this project once the terrain arrives!

    ReplyDelete